How Does It Work?
Questions? Please call
To make it easy to understand:
- Solar panels on your home collect energy from the sun. Before we sign you up, one of our technicians comes out to assess if your home is properly situated to give you the maximum impact from solar panels on your roof.
- Once installed, micro power inverters take the solar power generated from the panels - direct current (or DC) - and convert it into alternating current (or AC) power, which is then used in your home to run your lights and appliances.
- Special wires and cables transfer the power to the meter.
- The meter will then spin both back and forth each day and measure the amount of electricity you're using. During the days, weeks and months you use less, the excess electricity your panels are producing are sent back to the grid and you would have a credit. In the months when you need more electricity, your meter will indicate that and you will be charged accordingly. You pay only the difference – the NET – of what you put into the system and what you need to take out.
- When your system is installed and fully operational, and in most homes we can get that done in one day, you start enjoying clean, renewable solar energy with affordable rates that can save you thousands of dollars over the years.